- somebody suppose (that) SV
某人想、猜測… – 可以用來表示估計、表示生氣的情緒或與願望相反的猜測
例句：I suppose you are right.
我想你是對的。 – 估計
- I don’t suppose (that) SV, +肯定附加問句?
例句：I don’t suppose you know where she is, do you?
- Do you suppose (that) SV?
例句：Do you suppose she will come to my birthday party?
- It is widely / generally supposed (that) SV.
例句：It is generally supposed that boys are more aggressive than girls.
- suppose somebody to be…
例句：I supposed her husband to be older than she.
- be supposed to be…
例句：You are not supposed to be here.
- Who do you suppose will come?
- I supposed so.
- It is widely supposed that the company is going bankrupt.
- The damage was greater than first supposed.
- They are supposed to check out by ten.
- He was supposing the worst, but was relieved when he saw the test results.
- I suppose you’ll be leaving soon.
- assume 假定、假設 vt. 表示將某事物視為真實或已知，尤指在缺乏充分證據的情況下。
例句：We can’t assume that everyone will agree with our decision.
- presume 推定、假定 vt. 表示基於某些理由或證據，認為某事物可能是真實的。
例句：I presume you have already informed your manager about the changes.
- think 認為、以為 vt. 表示對某事物的看法或信仰。
例句：I think we should postpone the meeting until next week.
- believe 相信、認為 vt. 表示對某事物的信念或看法，尤指在沒有確切證據的情況下。
例句：She believes that hard work always pays off in the end.
- expect 期待、預料 vt. 表示認為某事物可能或應該會發生。
例句：We expect the weather to be sunny tomorrow.
- Suppose (that) SV, SV.
假設 (suppose that 合起來做連接詞，但是，that常被省略)
例句：Suppose he had done his homework?
要是他有寫功課呢？(事實上他沒寫He did not do his homework. 假設語法，過去非事實用過去完成式)
- Supposing (that) SV, SV.
假設(supposing that 合起來做連接詞，但是，that常被省略) – 美式英文少用
例句：Supposing the weather is fine, we will go to the beach tomorrow.
- Suppose SV?
= What if SV?
要是…、假如…、如果… (注意時態變化 – 假設語法或條件語法)
例句：Suppose we meet at 10 a.m. tomorrow?
- Supposing the scientists find a cure for the disease, it will be a major accomplishment.
- Suppose you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Suppose you could speak any language fluently, which one would you choose?
- supposition 推測、假定 n.
- supposed 據說的、所謂的 adj.
- supposedly 大概、恐怕 adv.