- I suppose (that) SV
我想… – 可以用來表示估計、表示生氣的情緒或與願望相反的猜測
- I don’t suppose (that) SV, +肯定附加問句?
- Do you suppose (that) SV?
- S suppose (that) SV
- It is widely supposed (that) SV.
- suppose somebody to be…
- be supposed to be…
- I suppose you are right.
我想你是對的 – 估計
- Do you suppose she will come to my birthday party?
- I don’t suppose you know where she is, do you?
- Who do you suppose will come?
- I supposed so.
- It is generally supposed that boys are more aggressive than girls.
- It is widely supposed that the company is going bankrupt.
- I supposed her husband to be older than she.
- You are not supposed to be here.
- The damage was greater than first supposed.
- They are supposed to check out by ten.
- He was supposing the worst, but was relieved when he saw the test results.
- assume 假定、想當然地認為 vt. 含有比較強烈的武斷成分，常意味著把一件尚未證實的事作為自己論斷的基礎
- presume 假定、認定 vt. 根據過去經驗或邏輯去推測，雖然結論仍可能是錯誤的
- believe 相信 vt.
- think 認為 vt.
- guess 猜測 vt.未認真思索，常為不著邊際地瞎猜
- Suppose (that) SV, SV.
假設 (suppose that 合起來做連接詞，但是，that常被省略)
- Supposing (that) SV, SV.
假設(supposing that 合起來做連接詞，但是，that常被省略) – 美式英文少用
- Suppose SV?
= What if SV?
要是…、假如…、如果… (注意時態變化 – 假設語法或條件語法)
- Supposing the weather is fine, we will go to the beach tomorrow.
- Supposing the scientists find a cure for the disease, it will be a major accomplishment.
- Suppose you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Suppose you could speak any language fluently, which one would you choose?
- Suppose we meet at 10 a.m. tomorrow?
- Suppose he had done his homework?
要是他有寫功課呢？(事實上他沒寫He did not do his homework. 假設語法，過去非事實用過去完成式)
- if 如果 conj.
- what if 假如、要是
- supposition 推測、假定 n.
- supposed 據說的、所謂的 adj.
- supposedly 大概、恐怕 adv.