- have a (strong) urge to do something
例句：She had an urge to travel around the world.
- feel an urge to do something
例句：During the serious meeting, he felt an unexpected urge to laugh.
- give somebody the urge to do something
例句：The cold weather gave him the urge to drink hot cocoa.
- resist the urge to do something
例句：He had to resist the urge to respond angrily to the criticism.
- the urge to do something
例句：In hot weather, the urge to drink water increases.
- the urge to quit
例句：Despite the urge to quit, he continued his training.
- After a long day at work, the urge to sleep is overwhelming.
- Watching the emotional movie, she felt a strong urge to cry.
- The urge to eat chocolate was irresistible.
- The urge to buy something new can be hard to resist during a sale.
- She suppressed the urge to laugh during the meeting.
- There’s an increasing urge among young people to start their own businesses.
- After hearing the news, he had an immediate urge to call his family.
- The urge to check her phone was a constant distraction.
- The urge to innovate drives many inventors.
- desire 渴望、欲望 n. 強調強烈的希望或想要某物或某事。
例句：His desire to succeed was evident in his hard work.
- impulse 衝動 n. 指一種突然的強烈願望或傾向，往往是無法控制的。
例句：On an impulse, she decided to buy the painting.
- yearning 渴望、思慕 n. 強調深切的、持久的渴望或思念。
例句：He felt a deep yearning for his homeland.
- longing 渴望、嚮往 n. 指對某事物的強烈渴望或期盼。
例句：She had a longing to travel the world.
- craving 渴求、強烈渴望 n. 強調對某物或某種經驗的強烈需求或欲望。
例句：He had a craving for chocolate.
- urge somebody on
All their schoolmates were cheering and urging them on all through the game.
- urge somebody to do something
例句：His lawyer has urged him to take further legal action.
- be urged to do something
例句：They were urged to evacuate the building due to the fire.
- urge caution
例句：The police urge caution in the icy road conditions.
- urge restraint
例句：The government urged restraint in response to the protests.
- urge support for something
例句：The campaign urged support for the new law.
- urge consideration of something
例句：She urged consideration of alternative options.
- urge participation in…
例句：The school urged participation in the volunteer program.
- urge a response from
例句：Citizens urged a response from the mayor on the issue.
- She urged him to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Activists urge action on climate change.
- The doctor urged patience while waiting for the test results.
- Authorities urge compliance with safety regulations.
- The teacher urged the students to study harder for the exam.
- I urge you to consider the environmental impact of your actions.
- The government is urging citizens to save water during the drought.
- He was urged to take a break after working long hours.
- We urge caution when driving in bad weather.
- They have urged the company to improve its safety standards.
- She urged her friends to support the charity event.
- encourage 鼓勵 vt. 表示提供正面支持或激勵某人去做某事。
例句：The teacher always encourages her students to ask questions.
- prompt 促使 vt. 指引導或激發某人採取行動。
例句：The incident prompted a review of the school’s safety policies.
- persuade 說服 vt. 指通過理由或論證來影響某人的決定或行為。
例句：He persuaded his friend to join the club.
- advocate 提倡 vt. 指強烈支持或爭取某事物。
例句：She advocates for environmental protection.
- press 催促 vt. 指堅持要求或迫切要求某事發生。
例句：They pressed the government for a response to their demands.
- urgent 緊急的 adj.
- urgently 緊急地 adv.
- urging 催促、力勸 n.
- urged 被催促的、被力勸的 adj.