- keep a promise
例句：It’s important to keep a promise you’ve made to someone.
- break a promise (to someone)
例句：He felt guilty for breaking a promise to his friend.
- make a promise to do something
例句：She made a promise to visit her grandparents more often.
- fulfill a promise
例句：They did everything they could to fulfill their promise.
- an empty promise
例句：The community was tired of politicians’ empty promises.
- promise of success
例句：The new project holds great promise of success.
- give a promise of improvement
例句：The company gave a promise of improvement after the feedback.
- give one’s promise that SV
例句：He gave his promise that he would return the money.
- a promise of confidentiality
例句：The lawyer gave a promise of confidentiality to her client.
- make a promise to oneself / to someone
對自己的承諾 / 向某人做出承諾
例句：She made a promise to herself to live a healthier lifestyle.
- take a promise seriously
例句：She always takes her promises seriously.
- rely on someone’s promise
例句：We relied on his promise to support us.
- go back on a promise
例句：He went back on his promise to invest in our project.
- As a child I was quite good at drawing, but I didn’t fulfill my early promise.
- He made a promise to return the book tomorrow.
- I made a promise to my parents to study harder.
- Keeping a promise is a sign of integrity.
- I gave her my promise that I would help.
- He always keeps his promise to his children.
- The child’s eyes were filled with promise.
- They exchanged promises of love and fidelity.
- The job offer held the promise of a better life.
- The technology holds great promise for the future.
- His early success was a promise of his future achievements.
- A promise should always be kept, no matter the cost.
- pledge 承諾、誓言 n. 強調正式或莊嚴的承諾。
例句：He made a pledge to support the charity for life.
- vow 誓言、誓願 n. 指莊嚴地承諾將要做某事或某種行為的決心。
例句：They exchanged vows at their wedding.
- commitment 承諾、投入 n. 指對某事的堅定承諾或致力於某項事業。
例句：She has a strong commitment to environmental protection.
- oath 誓言、宣誓 n. 指正式的或法律上的承諾，通常與宗教或法律儀式相關。
例句：He took an oath to serve his country faithfully.
- assurance 保證、確認 n. 強調給予信心或安心的承諾或聲明。
例句：The director gave an assurance that the project would be completed on time.
- promise someone something
例句：He promised me a surprise for my birthday.
- promise to do something
例句：She promised to finish the work by tomorrow.
- promise not to do something
例句：She promised not to tell anyone about the secret.
- promise (that) SV
例句：I promised I would finish the project before the deadline.
- promise somebody (that) SV
例句：I promise you that everything will be all right.
- It promises to be…
例句：It promises to be an exciting trip.
- He promised her a gift on her birthday.
- They had promised to support each other, no matter what.
- She promises to call me as soon as she arrives.
- He had promised to fix the car by the end of the week.
- They promise to donate a large sum of money to the charity.
- You promised me a trip to Europe next summer.
- He promises to be more careful in the future.
- pledge 承諾 vt. 表示正式地做出一個保證或承諾。
例句：The government pledged to reduce pollution.
- vow 發誓 vt. 指莊嚴地承諾或保證某事。
例句：He vowed to return and seek revenge.
- assure 保證 vt. 使某人確信某事將會發生。
例句：She assured him that the project would be completed on time.
- commit 承諾 vt. 表示承諾投入或致力於某事。
例句：He committed to helping the needy in his community.
- promising 有前途的、有希望的 adj.
- promisingly 有希望地 adv.
- unpromising 無前途的、不樂觀的 adj.
- promisee 承諾的接受者 n.
- promisor 承諾者 n.