- the contrary
- on the contrary / quite the contrary
- evidence / proof / advice to the contrary
- He seems to be guilty unless there is evidence to the contrary.
- “Is she happy?” “No, quite the contrary.”
- Hate is the contrary of love.
- Everyone thought he was not guilty, but it turned out the contrary was true.
- I thought my mother would not let me keep the dog; on the contrary, she helped me clean it and bought dog food for it.
- The man is neither handsome nor the contrary.
- converse 相反 n.
- opposite 對立面、反面 n.
- contrary current / wind
逆流 / 逆風
- directly contrary
- contrary to ..
- a contrary opinion / point of view
相反的意見 / 觀點
- It is hard to swim in a direction contrary to the current.
- Contrary to popular belief, Columbus was not the first person to discover America.
- I had a contrary opinion.
- It is better for the government not to do things contrary to the public interest.
- Many teens do things just to be contrary.
- The flight was delayed because of the contrary weather.
- opposed 完全不同的、截然相反的 adj.
- opposite 全然不同的 adj.
- different 不同的 adj.
- conflicting 相矛盾的 adj.
- contradictory 對立的、相互矛盾的 adj.
- converse 相反的 adj.
- contrarian 唱反調的人、與一般大眾觀點相反的人 n.
- contrarily 恰恰相反地、反駁地 adv.
- contrariness 乖戾、執拗、故意作對 n.