- a failure of the system
例句：The sudden power outage caused a failure of the entire computer system.
- one’s failure to do something
例句：His failure to act in time resulted in a loss for the company.
- end in failure
例句：The project ended in failure.
- be prone to failure
例句：The system was prone to failure.
- take the failure hard
例句：He took the failure of his business very hard.
- one’s failure in examination
例句：His failure in the final exam made him very upset.
- the failure of one’s plan
例句：The failure of our plan led us to rethink our strategy.
- one’s failure of responsibility
例句：His failure of responsibility led to his dismissal.
- His attempt to climb the mountain ended in failure.
- The failure of the engine caused the plane to crash.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in punishment.
- The engineer was blamed for the failure of the bridge.
- Her failure to meet the deadline resulted in the loss of the contract.
- I learned a lot from my failure.
- The failure of crops due to drought led to a severe famine.
- He had the courage to admit his failure.
- Failure is often the first step towards success.
- They made every effort to avoid failure.
- Her father died of liver failure.
- The number of business failures rose steeply during the pandemic.
- defeat 敗北、失敗 n. 描述在競爭或爭鬥中被打敗的狀態。
例句：Despite the initial defeat, the team was not discouraged.
- disappointment 失望 n. 描述事情未達到期待或滿足的狀態。
例句：His performance in the final exam was a big disappointment.
- flop 失敗 n. 在嘗試或企劃未能成功時使用的非正式語詞。
例句：The movie was a complete flop at the box office.
- letdown 失望、挫折 n. 描述期待被打破的狀態，或者是事情沒有如期進行。
例句：The cancellation of the event was a letdown for everyone.
- setback 挫折、逆境 n. 描述一種阻礙進步或成功的事情。
例句：The project suffered a major setback due to funding issues.
- fail 失敗、未履行、沒做到、未能通過、辜負、對…無能為力、故障、衰退、倒閉 vt. vi.
- failed 不成功的、失敗的 adj.
- failing 弱點、缺點 n. 如果不行、若無 prep. 衰退中的、逐漸減弱的、漸趨失敗的 adj.